Bookshops! Get creative and send us your taglines to represent the great local bookstores across New Zealand!
NZ Bookshop Day is a popular annual event which showcases and celebrates the local bookstores, books and reading. This year, once again, we want your input in creating a tagline that showcases the great local bookstores in communities across New Zealand, and their role in nourishing local communities.
The new tagline should enhance the messaging that we are building on from previous years i.e. ‘Love books, shop local’ and ‘Your place Your bookshop’. It should also reflect the vibrancy of bookshops, and the fact they are the central hub in their communities for their customers.
Objectives of NZ Bookshop Day
- Celebrate books and promote local bookstores and their customers.
- Creates positive local and national news stories about the value of bookstores in local communities.
- Encourage young readers by hosting events to attract children and parents.
- Attract new customers to the bookshop, and encourage those who are not avid readers to buy new or more books.
- Increase foot traffic to the store and generate increased sales.
- Promote the purchase of books as gifts for the summer holidays.
- Booksellers NZ to provide POS collateral to support bookshops.
It should be a short and punchy phrase that reflects the objectives of NZ bookshop Day:
- The tagline must be not more that 5 words.
- It should include or refer to the local community – we want NZ Bookshop Day to be about the key role a bookshop plays in its local community
The tagline will be used on all POS – posters and flyers etc, in the Read and social media.
The winning tagline will be chosen by Booksellers NZ.
Closing Date for entries:
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20th April.
The winning store will receive a catering pack to the value of $200, four bottles of wine (red and white), an article in the Read and posts on social media. You will also get a free POS and tote bag pack for the day itself.
We will also do a draw from all entries, and two additional entries will receive a bottle of wine.