Bookshops! We have our Tagline winners!
The Winners are:
Time Out Bookshop with
It’s not hoarding if it’s books
and Wardini Books
Love your brain. Read a Book
Winners of the prize draw for a bottle of wine:
Scorpio Books and McLeod’s Bookshop.
The winning store will receive a catering pack for Bookshop Day celebrations to the value of $200, four bottles of wine (red and white), an article in the Read and posts on social media. They will also get a free POS and tote bag pack for the day itself. The two other winners get a bottle of wine each.
NZ Bookshop Day is a popular annual event which showcases and celebrates the local bookstores, books and reading. This year, once again, we want your input in creating a tagline that showcases the great local bookstores in communities across New Zealand, and their role in nourishing local communities.
The new tagline should enhance the messaging that we are building on from previous years i.e. ‘Love books, shop local’ and ‘Your place Your bookshop’. It should also reflect the vibrancy of bookshops, and the fact they are the central hub in their communities for their customers.
Objectives of NZ Bookshop Day
- Celebrate books and promote local bookstores and their customers.
- Creates positive local and national news stories about the value of bookstores in local communities.
- Encourage young readers by hosting events to attract children and parents.
- Attract new customers to the bookshop, and encourage those who are not avid readers to buy new or more books.
- Increase foot traffic to the store and generate increased sales.
- Promote the purchase of books as gifts for the summer holidays.
- Booksellers NZ to provide POS collateral to support bookshops.