- 1737 – Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or free text 4357 (HELP)
- Youthline – 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Samaritans – 0800 726 666
- Anxiety NZ - 0800 ANXIETY; 0800 269 4389
The Ministry of Health has prepared these resources about mental health.
Answers from the Mental Health Foundation to frequently asked questions about looking after mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19.
Top tips from the Mental Health Foundation for looking after mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 and beyond.
The Anxiety NZ Trust has prepared this helpful information sheet on dealing with your anxiety.
Taking care of your mental health while self-isolating.
Some free guided meditations, calming music and soundscapes from Calm.com.
Real-time Resilience Strategies for coping with coronavirus from the New Zealand Institute of Wellbeing and Resilience.
A useful video from clinical pyschologist Sarb Johal on uncertainty and anxiety during the COVID pandemic (NZ).