Whether you are an established bookseller or a newcomer to the book industry, becoming a member of Booksellers NZ is a fantastic way to connect with your people. Our association keeps you connected to your peers, helps you to run your business more effectively, provides money and time-saving deals, and represent your interests to the book trade and wider retail community. The benefits of our membership touch every aspect of running your bookselling business.
Membership of Booksellers NZ will allow you to :
- Sell and Redeem Booksellers NZ Book Tokens - valid in over 200 bookshops nationwide
- Sell and Redeem the Booksellers NZ electronic Gift Card - sold in supermarkets and department stores nationwide, but only redeemable at bookshops
- Receive the weekly industry e-newsletter The Read, including the Nielsen Bestsellers charts and the Indie Top 20
- Receive Preview of Reviews: An advance list of the books reviewed in the papers and on radio
- Participate in the annual conference and networking opportunities
- Benefit from our advocacy on key issues affecting the industry to government, agencies and other book industry bodies
- Benefit from expert advice and information in a multitude of areas affecting bookselling, and access the expert advice of other booksellers in New Zealand via our website members' forum
- Use IndieBound marketing materials, created in the US, featuring POS for special bookselling events
- Sell Kobo ebooks through your website and sell Kobo devices in-store
- Become members of the NZ Retailers Association at a special reduced rate
- Purchase merchandising bags at competitive prices
- Access money-saving affinity deals with Meridian Energy, OfficeMax, MediaR, Westpac (including EFTPOS machines), Courier Post, Z Energy and Crombie Lockwood Insurance
- Get support through our special projects to help drive sales during key periods in the year. We arrange and support NZ Bookshop Day, The Summer Reading Catalogue, and provide advance notice of The NZ Listener Top 100 and Kids Top 50 books.
Our members are booksellers, publishers, and industry friends. We are focused on the changing world of bookselling and publishing. Join us.