Nielsen NZ Book Publisher of the Year
Who should enter?
This category is aimed at finding the best business engaged in the publishing, sales or distribution of books into the New Zealand market from 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2018.
The judges are looking for consistently high standards, outstanding commercial success and all-round excellence in your business.
Examples should relate to the period 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2018 and could include:
• The commercial success of your publishing programme and evidence it is part of a sustainable and durable business
• Lively, creative and engaging publishing
• The discovery of creative and commercially significant debut authors
• Evidence of investment in back-list development
• Innovation in the promotion, design and marketing of books in all formats, including digital
• Evidence of how you are contributing to the sustainability of the entire NZ book trade
What to submit
• A completed entry form (download below)
• A single PDF (10 pages max.) which addresses the above criteria. Word count: 500–1,500 words. Note: examples must be from 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2018.
Some of the things you could include are: marketing campaign highlights; key achievements; innovations; rights deals; examples of media coverage and reviews; sales figures and market share
This year there is no entry fee for members of Booksellers NZ and/or PANZ. Non-members may enter for a fee of $100 + gst.
Thanks to Nielsen, the winner will receive a $250 cash prize to buy staff morning tea/drinks/treats. The winner will be presented with a certificate, trophy (and cheque) at the Awards Dinner at Rydges Auckland on Saturday 25th August and will be included in a media release, Booksellers NZ website and social media.
How to enter
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday, 23 July 2018.