MediaR Marketing Strategy of the Year
Who should enter?
Entries are welcome from any New Zealand bookstore, publisher or other book-related business. Organisations may submit multiple entries (one entry per campaign).
The marketing strategy may be for anything from a single book/event to a re-brand, but examples must relate to the period 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2018.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- A well-planned and well executed marketing campaign, with clear objectives and measurable results (include data to support this).
- Ways in which the campaign worked across different media or forms.
- Innovative, smart ways the campaign enticed new readers or promoted books.
What to submit
- A completed entry form
- A single PDF (10 pages max.) which addresses the above criteria. Word count: 500–1,500 words. Note: examples must be from 1 April 2017 to 31 May 2018.
Some of the things you could include are:
- Evidence of innovative marketing decisions
- Social media
- Merchandising and displays
- Understanding of audience
- Success of campaign (media coverage; sales figures; chart data; awards etc)
- Innovative use of budget, no matter how big, small or non-existent
This year members of Booksellers NZ and/or PANZ may submit one entry free of charge. Further entries, and entries from non-members, may be submitted for a fee of $100 + gst.
The winner will be presented with a certificate at the Awards Dinner at Rydges Auckland on Saturday 25thAugust and will be included in a media release, website and social media managed by Booksellers NZ.
How to enter
Email your entry to email@example.com by midnight on Monday, 23 July 2018.